Saturday, January 7, 2012

Getting Ready—Establishing Professional Contacts and Expanding Resources

I chose to contact early childhood professionals in British Columbia, Canada and The Netherlands.  I chose the countries because the majority of the citizens speak English.  I was worried that there might be a language barrier with other countries. 

In Canada, I visited the Canadian Child Care Foundation website.  I originally emailed Yvonne Dionne at the address listed on the Global Alliance of NAEYC website.  It was returned as undeliverable,  so I emailed an address for lkerr from the website.  In addition, I requested to join their Facebook page and signed up to receive the e magazine, Interaction. (http://www.cccf-fcsge.ca/)

The Netherlands have a website for the International Step by Step Association.  I explored the website and emailed Sarah Klaus.  As of yet, I have not heard back from her.  (http://www.issa.nl/)

I am looking forward to corresponding with EC professionals from other countries to learn about issues and trends from around the world.

In addition to the websites I have already mentioned, I frequently visit the website Zero To Three: National Center for Infants, Toddlers, and Families.  I receive their newsletters and use the information in my child development class curriculum.  (http://www.zerotothree.org/)

**Update!  Today I received a Facebook friend request from Lynda Kerr from CCCF.  I am looking forward to corresponding with her.!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great idea. I really need to get with the social networking. I have facebook but didn't know about the groups. thanks.

Cari B said...

It is great to know about Facebook as a resource. I may try that too. Congratulations on the Facebook success! I was a little worried about a language barrier as well so I looked into English speaking countries also. I am still holding out hope for hearing from someone. Looking forward to the results though.