Saturday, November 12, 2011

Relationship Reflection

·       We have all kinds of relationships.  Family, work, close friends, casual acquaintances, pets, classmates, and students and their families.  All of these relationships play an important role in my life.  My family is first and foremost.  I will put them above all other relationships.    They are in my mind with each decision I make.  My pets are also very special to me.  They provide me unconditional love and they are never judgemental.  It is so relaxing to play tug-o-war with the dogs or just listen to the cats purr. 
·      The relationships I have formed at work are also very important to me.  I work with 2 amazing teachers, Mrs. Rademacher and Mrs. Coleman.  They serve as an inspiration and a friend.  They are always there to give advice or just listen.  I don’t know what I would do without them.  

·        My students are also very important to me, but are also the most challenging relationship.  I am there because I want to make a difference in their lives.  Sometimes it is something small, like offering a smile on their worst day or sometimes it’s big, like watching their baby while they go to class.   Sometimes I wonder why I do it, but then something happens to remind me.  Over the years, I have learned to relish the small triumphs and not dwell on the challenges.


·        The relationships that I have built at work are (hopefully) going to help me become an effective early childhood professional.  Once I finish this program, I want to open the first child development in my school district.  My goal is to open it in conjunction with a specialized school for teenage parents.  They will attend school in the same building as the child development center.  They will work in the center in exchange for childcare.  They, and other high school students, will be given the opportunity to work towards their CDA.  In order to achieve this goal, I am going to have to draw on the relationships that I have built within the district. 

No comments: